Juan L. Latapi
1322 W. 18th place, Apt. 1F, Chicago, IL. 60608 * (630) 854-6933 * email@example.com
Online Portfolio Viewable at: latapi.wordpress.com
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Master of Arts in Journalism Expected March 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences March 2012
Study Abroad Program in Tanzania, Africa analyzing economic and social issues December 2011
Operations Supervisor March 2013-Present
Compass Media Group, Chicago, IL
• Help coordinate and manage mail, media and online production
• Promoted from Intern position after successful performance.
• Develop and manage production schedule
• Assist with marketing research and implementation of marketing and advertising plan.
• Recruit, schedule and train additional support staff
• Monitor, update and analyze budget and financial performance in cooperation with principals of firm.
• Serve as health, workers comp and liability/casualty insurance administrator
• Oversee and troubleshoot office technology and communications issues.
• Handle all office logistics issues, business licenses and registration
• Regular maintenance and updates of company’s social media and website
Communications Intern August 2012-February 2013
Compass Media Group, Chicago, IL
• Assisting with media production schedules by coordinating communications between agency and clients
• Coordinating administrative duties including hiring of new personnel and maintaining office supplies
• Collaborating with staff and maintaining clients’ social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
Production Assistant Intern
TV Azteca, Glendale, AZ January 2008-February 2008
• Assisted in production of Super Bowl XLII with production and clerical duties
• Coordinated communication between production and broadcasting staff
• Collaborated with marketing and creative staff on dealer promotions
Budget and Operations Intern
DePaul University Career Center, Chicago, IL March 2012-February 2013
• Promoted from Receptionist position after 1 year of successful performance
• Assisting with tasks including budget and operations supervisory duties on a daily basis
• Managing and supervising of a team of five student employees
• Monitoring and maintaining online Career Center resources
DePaul University Career Center, Chicago, IL March 2011- March 2012
• Assisted students and staff in day to day office operations
• Promoted Career Center events with students on a daily basis
• Organized and evaluate surveys conducted by the Career Center
Meat Department Purchasing Associate and Trainer
Whole Foods Market, Chicago, IL June 2008-June 2010
Whole Foods Market, Tempe, AZ January 2006- May 2008
Whole Foods Market, Wheaton, IL January 2003- December 2005
• Planned and executed training materials for over 16 members.
• Evaluated and calculated purchases versus spoilage using FIFO method
• Merchandised and maintained perishable meat and poultry products
Language: Fluent in verbal and written Spanish and certified by Global Translation Institute, Proficient in French.
Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficient in organizing and inventory web apps such as IRMA, DVO, LINK and PeopleSoft. Proficient in graphic design software and apps such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
Social Media and Web Skills: Proficient and active in outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and WordPress.